1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

internal impedance?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jhk, Apr 18, 2006.

1. I`m possibly going to buy a peavey 410 TVX bass cab as my local store are doing very good deals,.
    However i`d like to split the wiring in the cab so as to make it bi-amp usable.(e.g. 2 x 10 plus horn and also 2x 10 within same cab) the reason for this is that at small gigs and rehearsals i can use my eden wt600 in bi-amp mode for nice sound but minimal gear carrying.
    The eden cabs are heavy!
    Does anyone know the impedance of the individual speakers in both the 8 ohm and the 4 ohm versions of this cab.?
    Also the series or parallel configurations?
    in anticipation................

2. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    You won't be able to do that, as all of the drivers are in the same "chamber".
    The drivers are most likely 4 ohms each in the 4 ohm, and 8 ohms each in the 8 ohm. Both are probably series-parallel.
    I would just get the 8 ohm, and bridge your amp. I think that will give you the best results.
    Corey

3. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    Before doing all this, I'd suggest getting a pair of Avatar NEO 210 cabs, or, maybe just one 8 ohm, bridge the Eden, done, and a very good price shipped.