1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

International Flight question

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by zeppelinfreak, Mar 28, 2009.

1. zeppelinfreak

zeppelinfreak

Mar 29, 2007
    Ill be flying internationally with lufthansa from Chicago to Dussedorf today and I need to know if I need an ID other then my passport.

The trips for my highschool jazz band, and sorry if this is the wrong thread, but I dont know where else to put this

2. pbd

pbd Commercial User

Jul 17, 2003
    Metro Detroit
    owner Procables N Sound
    Pass port should cover you but if you have more ID it never hurts to bring it along too. Make a copy of your passport and put it someplace safe. In the case your passport gets lost or stolen you at least have something you can show to the proper authorities that will help get you home.

enjoy the trip!
    Todd :)

3. +1

4. rr5025

rr5025

Nov 12, 2008
    When I flew into Manchester I handed them my passport and my letter of acceptance to University of Leeds and a travel itinerary. Granted I needed a 6 month visa to study here but I think at most you will need a passport and itinerary (to prove how long you'll be there).

5. NO itinerary needed, they will ask you what the purpose of your visit is, business or pleasure, you say pleasure, they ask how long, you say 2 weeks, you are on your way.

6. Jim Carr

Jim Carr Dr. Jim Gold Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Denton, TX or Kailua, HI
    fEARful Kool-Aid dispensing liberal academic card-carrying union member Musicians Local 72-147
    Be sure to make that photocopy of your passport and keep it apart from checked baggage and apart from your actual passport. I could save you a lot of time and money if your original is lost or stolen.

7. dominic

dominic

Aug 7, 2005
    I fly regularly with Lufthansa from Munich to Manchester and have never needed more than my passport and E ticket confirmation number, sometimes not even that. Viel Spass in Dusseldorf.