1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

International shipping

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, May 17, 2011.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Help me understand something folks.

I ordered a rugby ball and Six Nations beanie from Kitbag in the UK late Thursday (05/12) night, and paid for expedited shipping. It was shipped out via UPS Friday morning at 5:54AM UK time. I received it Monday (05/16), late morning.

At the same time, I purchased a car audio amp from Crutchfield that is shipping from Virginia. As of this morning, the amp is still in transit according to UPS. I also paid for expedited shipping here.

I guess if I want something shipped to me fast, I'll order it from the UK?

-Mike

2. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    I'm certain it has to do with the fact that from the UK is flown to the US, where as the shipment from VA is going via truck. Still always amuses me when I get my UK area stuff faster than I do get stuff from across the US (or even only half way across it).

3. Ironically, you got that faster than most things I order from inside the UK.

4. Jimbob raises a very true point

5. Indeed; a lot of companies I've dealt with are pretty tardy with their dispatch Times. Once your delivery is actually in the postage system it arrives pretty quickly, but more often than not it's still sitting in a warehouse or on someone's desk while you worry about where it's gotten to.