1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

International Society of Bassists...Worth it?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by tplyons, Feb 28, 2005.

1. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I was wondering some things about the ISB... first of all, as a student, the $25/yr dues is perfectly doable (I pay more for TB memberships) but was wondering the benefit of joining such an organization.

Their website is somewhat confusing as I cannot tell the benefits of joining other than the publication. Do we you at least get a membership card?

Oh, and who here's a member?

2. There are two publications--a glossy journal style and a newsletter style. A discount on musical instrument insurance is a decent benefit of membership. I joined mostly for the insurance discount.

3. I was an ISB member for years. My main reason was because, as everyone knows, I'm a freak for looking at basses. (bathroom material)
    I have issues from the very begining when they looked like little news papers.
    I think I gave it up because it was kind of like having cable TV. The same thing over and over again. Pages of Kolstein ads, pick-up ads, etc.
    It seemed that the focus was really on the classical side of bassdom too.

I suggest trying it for a year and see for you ownself!