1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

International tours/gigs for a cover band through agencies?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ubersheist, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Hey, TB community… I can’t think of anyone else to ask, so maybe I’ll ask y’all.

Years ago (1990s), there were agencies that’d book a bands to tour clubs in Japan or Asia, or in Europe. Some were scams, but some were legit. I never got around to doing that, but now I’m in a position to do it again as an older guy (now I’m 43). I’m in a ‘modern’ rockabilly band (we play oldies, some jazz, but also Imelda May, Amy Winehouse covers, other modern songs, and put our own rockabilly/jazz twist on lots of covers). This band would have been the perfect band to put on tour back then.

Do those companies still exist? Has anyone done them? Suggestions?

Thanks!

2. My band went to Shanghai about a decade ago to play at their "labor day week" - through a talent agency called ISA - International Special Attractions. Google it. Talk to Patricia Ryan there, and tell her the bass guy Brad Tallman sencha. Patricia was our singer.

Ubersheist likes this.
  3. Skeptismo

Skeptismo

Sep 5, 2011
    Washington
    Tour With Us | Armed Forces Entertainment

I haven't actually participated in this tour as a bandmember, but have been spectator to several of them. I've seen everything from big name groups to "meh" level cover bands. It might not be as lucrative as some, but I imagine you wouldn't have worries about cashing your checks.

Ubersheist likes this.