Internationally Bass Purchasing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vosk, Dec 17, 2005.

1. Hey Adz,

Congratulations on the stingray! Great deal. Well done on not taking a hit on import duty.

You say you got it sent USPS in a hard case!!! There is no way a hard case would fit under the USPS dimension limits to Australia - how did the sender do that? Interesting.

I got a Lakland a few months back from the states through USPS and it got held in customs until I filled in the necessary forms and paid up. I wanted it quick so I got a customs broker to do it for me. I got a warwick sent the exactly the same way with no customs fees.

So I think it is hit and miss on the customs.

2. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    does it make a difference in getting here safely if the neck taken off and shipped in 2 peices/boxes?

seller says its too big to ship by mail in 1 piece but said they would remove the neck and shipping would be $80US.

Also if i do decide to buy this bass, how hard is it to put the neck back on? is it something i could do or best to take it to a shop to get them to do it?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 25, 2021