Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Internet pharmacies

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, Nov 19, 2003.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    What's up with all these Internet pharmacies? I keep getting their junk e-mail, seems I can get just about anything online with no questions asked. Are these just scams or are they for real? Is this not illegal in the US? I thought you needed a prescription to get pills.

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    we hear about that a lot here in canada.

Lot's of canadian phamacys sell over the net, so in the US you can get your drungs cheaper because the US money is stronger.
    So the problem is, it's so popular that we don't produce enough drugs, so our price went up!!
    They said that it might be a much bigger problem in a year or 2.
    They will probably vote a new law this winter so it will be illegal for canadian pharmacy to sell in the US.

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I recently went over the border into Nuevo Laredo, Mexico. I'm not exagerrating when I say I couldn't walk down the street for five minutes at a stretch without somebody offering to 'help me find a doctor' (wink wink) in case I needed some painkillers or Xanax or morphine or whatever.

Jeez, whatever happened to the good old days when they just offered to help you get to Boys' Town?!?

:meh: