Internet Recording Project

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by strogg, May 23, 2002.

1. strogg

strogg Guest

May 23, 2002
    Blue Springs, MO
    Hey, I'm a drummer and a friend of mine in Canada (I'm in the US) plays guitar. We're doing Dream Theater covers for fun and are looking for someone that can play Myung's stuff. Are any of you able/interested? If you are, send me an email or reply to this thread or something heh. So far, we've done Take the Time, Dance of Eternity, and Caught in a Web. We're currently working on Glass Prison.

[og]Oh yea, and I'd like to give a shout out to my homies Da5id HeX and Brendan.[/og]
  2. He means Blacktonque instead of Brendan (he rarely posts). Shoutout to Brendan anyway. :)

And yes, I'm not good enough for him, so he needs someone else. I can't even play most Blink 182. :rolleyes:
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    how are you recording online?

i might me interested but i can fully play:
    -Under a glass moon

i can almost play "Metropolis" and i started "Dance of eternity" and "A change of seasons"... i am kinda limited because i play 4 stringer and i need a 5 or 6 string for many songs.

my new band plays DT covers too (but no keyboardist yet)... the new guitar player is GREAT (so is my drummer)... dunno, i have a major feeling about this band...

BTW: im on Mexico
  4. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    I can play "6:00" but that's it.
  5. strogg

strogg Guest

May 23, 2002
    Blue Springs, MO
    It starts with me recording the drum part (I usually play to the CD so it's the same tempo as the original). The sound quality is definitely not real good seeing as I have no mics or digital anything, just a cassette recorder with a built-in mic. But sound doesn't matter much to us heh. Anyway, I transfer it onto my computer and put it into mp3. I then upload it and my friend downloads it and records his guitar over it. That's what we've done so far, and we'd probably just send the guitar'd version to the bassist (or keyboardist, then bassist, whatever), but we're still in search of a keyboardist, too - I doubt we'll put vocals to the tracks. So that's pretty much how we record the songs. We're trying to look for one person who can stick with it and learn songs with us (we have to learn each song since we don't know most of them - well, at least I don't), so ya don't have to have all the songs ready to play, just the ability to play them. On average, we've recorded one or two songs a month.
  6. Oyster, I'd rather you work on some more video game music. :)

That stuff rocks, man!
  7. Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Oh, please don't remind me... I am SO slow these days it's embarrasing. I have two tunes that I'm practically ready to record, I just never get to it. :(
  8. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Which songs are those? I think the game songs are great.
  9. Hey there strogg,

I'd oblige, but it's not really my style (music). Have you tried ? Lots of online collaboration going on there.