Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Internet TapeDeck

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by blipndub, Jun 1, 2001.

1. Tried doing a search but couldn't find anything for Recordlab Internet Tapedeck. IT's a great free program but I'm getting this error messege when trying to open mxd. files

The wave file 010531_23244.wav located on track 1 [or 2] cannot be found. Would you like to specify a new path for the wave file?

If I say yes it points me to a temp dir that doesn't have the file and if i say no it opens the file but with all the tracks erased.

Driving me crazy, anyone know of a fix?

Thanks

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Just search for the file with the windows search function and paste the path you get into recorder.

I don't use this prog, but this is usually working.

3. Thanks for the suggestion but I tried that to no avail. It just doesn't seem to be creating the right files when it records.

4. I ended up erasing the whole application and downloading a new exe file. I left all defaults for the temp files (windows profile) and the thing is working fine. I guess it didn't like me putting temp files "closer to the surface" of windows.

Great program highly recommended.

www.recordlab.com

5. I'm getting the same message, and coupled with the fact that it can't save files as MP3, I just gave up on it.

6. Try reinstalling a new download. and leave all defaults - don't select where you want temp files to go during setup just let it choose.

No you can't save as mp3, but you can do a simple format conversion from wav to mps in Musicmatch or another encoder. I don't know if the high end pc-multitracks save as mp3 but all the shareware ones I've tried, don't - but I don't think this is a real limitation.

I've been using the "Tape Deck" for a couple weeks solid now, doing mostly MIDI input and I've not had any problems except for effects; they are add-ons that you have to purchase from different companies.When I poke around the effects section I get the blue death screen - like, every time (I've learned my lesson). But as a multitrack this remains the best shareware/demo I've found.