Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

INTERSTATE '76 -Nitro riders game music.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by chris h, Jul 30, 2002.

1. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    This game used to be cool.. driving around in cars with guns on, shooting other cars and stuff. (dont despair, its a PC game!) and the music.. well.. its amazing. typical 70's funk with organs and nice bass lines, the whole shebang. Basically, if any of you know what the hell im talking about, I would dearly love to know who did the music on the game, or if there is anyone similar I should listen to. Thanks v.much

p.s its instrumental.

2. grovest

grovest

Feb 26, 2002
    Oregon
    I loved it, too. Back when the game was new I searched the web looking for info on the band but didn't come up with anything.

3. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    the band was called "bullfrog"

i guess it was just a bunch of L.A. session guys.

i think i spent more time listening to the soundtrack than playing the game :)

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    http://www.mobygames.com/game/trivia/gameId,347/

5. BigBohn

BigBohn

Sep 29, 2001
    WPB, Florida
    Yeah, good soundtrack to it.

And this has been done before, like many many months ago, but I don't know if Paul got rid of it already.

6. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    Cheers. Do BULLFROG still exist? I am about to go out and buy the game just so I can listen to the audio (it works in the hi-fi). My last copy was distroyed at a house party!

Thanks

7. i76 is on my top three favourite games of all time... that thing was SCHWEET... i wonder where the hell my cds went.

killer soundtrack too!

BTW... wasn't i76 made by Activision? Bullfrog did Theme Park and Theme Hospital and all that stuff...

--jeff

8. Hilikus

Hilikus

Jul 29, 2002
    Wales UK
    Bullfrog are no more the last game they made I think was Populous.

9. Here's Arions homepage. http://www.arionsalazar.com/
    I think he wrote the most of the songs.

Does anybody have examples of other bands who play similar music? I've so far found "Average White Band", and the soundtrack has the same sound as them. One song on the I76 soundtrack sounds almost exactly like "Cut the cake".