Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Interview!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by canopener, Feb 10, 2006.

1. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    Today I had one of the better interview experiences I've had since looking for a real job. I had an interview scheduled for late morning today at a GIS place in town, and it lasted less than 15 minutes. Apparently, the guy who was supposed to hold the interview had an emergency meeting of sorts. Another employee conducted the interview in his place instead of rescheduling. He told me about the company for a few minutes and just asked me a few questions about my resume and projects I've done, stuff like that. The guy was pretty loose and said I had a pretty good chance after a short conversation.

I ended up sending him a few samples over e-mail and I'll hear from them next week. Although the interview was pretty short, I left feeling better about this one than any other. I think the non-formal interview had a lot to do with it. There won't be a second interview, so this guy's word will count with the boss!

I'm not getting my hopes up yet, but this sounds a little more promising than others.
    Anyway, wish me luck...

2. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    awesome! best of luck:bassist:

-jimbo

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Right on man. Make sure you keep us posted.

-Mike