1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

into Epi EB-3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ancientrocker, Mar 14, 2013.

1. ancientrocker

ancientrocker supporting member

Mar 7, 2013
    Hello is anybody out there.

Does anybody own Epiphone EB-3's?

2. iamthebassman

iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Austin,Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I currently own 2 Gibson basses, one of them an SG bass. I used to own the Epi EB-3 but sold it due to severe neck-dive. It has a full-scale neck on a guitar-sized body. Big Problem. Sounded and played well tho'. If you get one, buy a good leather strap, that may help.

3. lowJPG

lowJPG

Feb 4, 2013
    Arkansas
    I got rid of mine for the same reason. It can be fixed with the right strap but I needed to thin the herd and this one got the axe.

Great sound to it, though. Perfect for blues riffs.

4. ancientrocker

Mar 7, 2013
    Yea,

I'm experiencing that. But I heard swaping out the tuners for lighter weight ones will lessen the problem What do you think?

5. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    Used to own one. Nice neck, dodgy QC, unexceptional sound, neck dive didn't bother me too much. It was still kind of cool though. Wish i'd kept it and modded it a la Mike Watt.

6. lowJPG

lowJPG

Feb 4, 2013
    Arkansas
    Maybe it would help some, but probably not worth it. Plus those tuners complete the look of this bass!

Are you giging with this guitar or would it be used sitting down? It is a non-issue when sitting.

Do a search on the strap for this guitar. There's a "special" strap that is designed to fix the problem.

7. ancientrocker

Mar 7, 2013
    Right now I am a learner so I sit a lot but soon the ratio between sitting and standing will change. The problems stated in all your posts don't matter to me right now; it is more inportant that the bass fits me and my small hands.

8. bill reed

bill reed

Apr 2, 2012
    scotland
    I have had a Epi EB3 for a few years now. its a really good bass with a diffrent sound to my other 4 basses.
    it does have neck dive but a good 3" strap does help a lot.
    i do like the deep sound from this bass. for the money think its a good buy if you want a Eb/Sg type bass.
    pickups are USA made epi's so not to bad.