Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Into jam-bands?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 6-stringer, Aug 26, 2001.

1. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Then check out a review of my band, Rhesus, on the front page of www.jambase.com ;)

2. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    sorry you didn't get any responses. i'll send this to MISC as you may get more responses.

3. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Nice review!

Do you have a CD out or anything?

I see you're playing with Brothers Past soon -- they are incredible and getting quite popular in and around Philly... nice guys too...

4. My guitar teacher (aw shaddap! ;)) is really into jam bands, and I don't mind them. I'm kinda excited about this Oysterhead (which I guess are considered a jam band?) thing, which brings together 3 of my favorite modern musicians.

5. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    We do have a CD, and we will be playing w/ brothers past in philly sometime this fall. We are also launching a website soon. (where one could buy a CD if they wanted)
    Those guys, Brothers Past, are incredible. We played a festi. here in VA with them a few months ago. Stand up guys. A lot of bands are getting into the whole trance/drumnbass/jam thing right now, which I think is pretty interesting. Anyway, if yer on the east coast, keep an eye out for us.

6. anon5458975

anon5458975

Apr 5, 2001
    Very cool. I'm on the East Coast, I'd like to check you guys out sometime if you hit Worcester or Boston. Be sure to drop a line when your site is up bro.

7. oddentity

oddentity

Nov 20, 2000
    Philly
    Awesome-- PM me when you guys play Philly!!! I'd love to see your band and BP on the same bill... Do you know where you're playing yet?

8. I really respect GOOD jam bands because it is so difficult to make an improvised shell of a tune sound listenable. It takes exceptional musicians with superior ears.
    Poor jams are so uncomfortable. There's always somebody who think they're really groovin' when they are painfully not.

9. 6-stringer

6-stringer Guest

Feb 5, 2000
    Roanoke,VA
    Very true. The "sink or swim" aspect of it is very appealing to me though. When your on, your on.
    When your not, it can be really obvious.