Into The Moat

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by bass element, Jun 7, 2005.

1. I just discovered Into the Moat in a magazine and recently saw one of their videos on Metal Asylum, some rock show on the Fuse channel.

anyway, these guys are sic. they're technical metalcore/ hardcore, what ever you want to call them, but have a melodic jazz twist that somehow develops out of the different heavy breakdowns in their songs. their album is called The Design and its full of blastbeats tremendous breakdowns, but what makes them significant and different is their songwriting which contains multi-time signature changes with some melodic jazz passages that slide in and out of their songs. its really unique and interesting and i really recommend it to fans of this genre. their bassist isn't half bad either. he really accentuates the jazz passages in the album.

2. Paulotron

Jun 5, 2005
    Not heard the album yet in the UK, but their ep/demo was ace.
  3. Basshammer

Feb 25, 2005
    Florida, USA
    Those guys are have some REALLY complex arrangements, very cool stuff.
  4. Saw the video on Fuse, they look pretty good. Remind me of the Red Chord.
  5. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    I just bought their album 'The Design' last week. It's pretty cool. These guys go through a ton of tempo and dynamic changes in each song. Pretty good stuff if you like Dillinger Espcape Plan and stuff like that.

That's what I noticed too. He's kind of in the background during the heavy parts, but he does a real good job filling out the jazz sections.