Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Intonating a guitar... but ran out of space!

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Dec 25, 2005.

1. I'm intonating a new guitar I got for xmas, and I tried to tune the 12th fret low E on a tune-o-matic bridge, but the saddle it ALL the way back and I'm still a couple of cents sharp. Like 5-10 cents, so a good quarter step. I've tried to push the string down right AT the saddle, so I'm not getting a false witness point. Any other suggestions?

2. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Tune-o-matic is a two part, stop-tailpiece, right? If so, can't you move the part of the bridge with the saddles back a bit on those posts, or am I mistaken?

3. the actual bridge with the saddles? No I can't.

edit: The action seemed to be up too high, and I got it to where it's intonating fine. I just might have to adjust the truss rod so it doesn't buzz.

4. Try to get the saddle to the other side of the screw and start intonating again. This might sometimes work, altough I can't explain it scientifically. :eyebrow: