1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

intonation weirdness??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by mapfbadger, Oct 5, 2006.

1. mapfbadger

mapfbadger

Sep 22, 2002
    UK
    Hello, any help with this problem I have would be great. I am adjusting the intonation on a Jazz bass I have and have come across a problem. I have set the intonation and action on loads of instruments and have never had this on anything. The action and intonation is good on E A and D but G is buzzing like crazy when plucked in open. And its a semitone out all the way up the neck but open G is in tune???? The nut groove does seem a little low on G but thats all I can see. Any ideas??:confused:

2. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    Is G maybe touching the first fret?

3. mapfbadger

mapfbadger

Sep 22, 2002
    UK
    Hi Thanks for the reply. Just this second figured that out. It is touching the first fret. I though I had lost it for a minute. I guess Im gonna have to get a new nut. Thanks again

4. emils

emils

Jul 28, 2005
    Croatia
    No problem! Try puting some paper in the nut slot below the string to raise it of the fret in the meantime!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021