1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

intonation

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by neslofalo, Mar 5, 2008.

1. neslofalo

neslofalo

Mar 3, 2008
    i´m trying to intonate the g-string on my precision.when the harmonic matches the twelwth fret,it´s both too low on the seventh fret and strangely enough too high on the nineteenth.the strings are not older than a couple of months and it´s not a problem on the d-string.any solutions to what the problem might be and how to fix it?

2. Dee_01

Dee_01

May 19, 2007
    Could be just a bad string. Got a spare to check it against?

3. neslofalo

neslofalo

Mar 3, 2008
    i guess i do.will try it.
    don´t understand it though.

4. neslofalo

neslofalo

Mar 3, 2008
    it worked with the other string.that was a thicker one,but that shouldn´t be the reason.i´ll try a new one in the old dimension too.thank you for the advice

5. 202dy

202dy Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Strings are man-made. Not everyone of them is perfect. The first time you get a false string it is a surprise. Take it in stride. Also, take it back to the retailer right away. They should be willing to replace it.

6. neslofalo

neslofalo

Mar 3, 2008
    i should have done that,but instead i folded it into the smallest thing and threw it away.next time i will.