1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Intoxicoligists at Will Henry's - Stone Mountian, GA 11-10-18

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by mike o, Nov 11, 2018.

1. mike o

mike o

Jan 3, 2009
    Monroe, GA
    I really enjoy reading all the gig write ups here on Talk Bass so why not share one. Intoxicoligists is a very good band together the past 10 years with a solid following. The drummer and I are the new guys who started January 2018. Classic Rock mixed with some fine 70’s dance material.

Will Henrys is one of the band regular stops that we really enjoy playing. One of those dwindling gems that still supports live music. Tonights show is 9PM to 1AM on our first really cold Atlanta night. The temps is 43 at 7PM and a late Dawgs game which means the bar will be packed after the game tonight.

Ptruck loaded and ready.
    View attachment 3213684
    This might be my second ever mirror pix. Shower and shave. Had a nice shirt on at last nights show. Decided to go with black jeans and “Punchy” Tee for this show at a rock club. Oh. Gotta smell good to. No offending odors either. Hair product. Check! Yes is did get a lolly pop with the hair cut lol. This stuff keeps me a young 60....
    View attachment 3213685
    View attachment 3213686
    My band mates all live in the Snellville/Stone Mountian area. I have a little hike for any rehearsals or shows being I live further out from Atlanta.

Here’s my regular stop in town before hitting the highway. Fine dining on the road. It’s the American way. Dunkin Donuts Large Iced Coffee, Chicken Croissant sandwich (no picture of the sandwich. I just pretend it looks as good as the picture lol) and most importantly one 5 Hour to get me through the evening
    View attachment 3213687
    “Wills” and November shows.
    View attachment 3213688

View attachment 3213689

My setup tonight. Carvin SB5000, TC RH450 head and RS212 bottom, Hamilton Guitar Stand, AT Wireless, Tc polytune, Kelly Bassist, Future Impact, TC Chorus
    View attachment 3213690
    View attachment 3213691
    Stage

8:30 ready to go. How’s the audience looking?
    View attachment 3213692
    Tonight’s set list. 4 hour show we normally do 3 sets. 1.5 first - 1 2nd. - 45 min last.
    View attachment 3213693
    Show was great. Nice crowd. Two birthday groups. Lots of dancing. As always, I enjoy roaming the floor playing for folks, too much fun.
    View attachment 3213694
    Two shows in different clubs this weekend. I’m wiped out. Time to part take in another gig night ritual. Goodies for the ride home. Race Track is the only place to go for fresh ground coffee at 2AM. Love it. Two power bars and a 20 oz. I always tell myself I’ll grab two bars just incase but I always have both lol. I hit the hay a little after 3.
    View attachment 3213696

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018
  2. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    That's a really nice looking place. Roomy stage, nice PA, good lighting. Even the tv is turned off! :)

I love reading all the reports too. Yours was great. Thanks for joining the fray. :thumbsup:

3. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Fusion Cats Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    Looks like a great venue and a great time.

nixdad likes this.
  4. G19Tony

G19Tony

Apr 27, 2018
    Las Vegas, NV
    Great report. The stage looked like a good place to work. I always liked Under the Milky Way. :thumbsup:

nixdad and mike o like this.
  5. mike o

mike o

Jan 3, 2009
    Monroe, GA
    I didn’t receive any video from last night. Here’s a Rough video from earlier this year at Will’s. Don’t mind the slightly inebriated lady try her best to bust a move.

Tony In Philly, interp and McG like this.
  6. McG

McG Goat Hill Gamblers

Oct 6, 2010
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Thanks for the video. Sounding good. :thumbsup:

Gotta love the tipsy dancers who provide entertainment for the entertainers. :laugh:

Sore Thumb, nixdad and mike o like this.
  7. growlypants

growlypants

Nov 10, 2012
    Atlanta
    Awesome! I live way up in North Fulton, so..... never heard of Monroe! (Just kidding!). Enjoyed the video, and thanks for posting! (You sure eat a lot for an old guy.). (KIDDING!! [I'm 70])

8. mike o

mike o

Jan 3, 2009
    Monroe, GA
    Ha! No worries. I get that comment all the time about Monroe lol. Thanks all for the nice comments.

nixdad likes this.
  9. BassCliff

BassCliff

May 17, 2012
    So. Cal.
    Hi,

Great stuff! I think that's the first time we've ever seen fragrances in a gig report. That takes the experience to a new level. ;)

Looks like a nice room. Way to represent us hexagenarians! :D

Thank you for your indulgence,

BassCliff

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    City, bass10bfb, pellomoco14 and 3 others like this.
  10. nixdad

nixdad

Aug 15, 2008
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice gig report! I dig the Setlist as well!
    Smoke From a Distant Fire has always been a tune I enjoy hearing. First time I’ve seen it on a posted Setlist.

mike o likes this.
  11. Wow - wish I had known about this earlier; it's only 20 minutes from home in Gwinnett County.

Looks like not only did you have a good time and put on a great show, but you are supremely prepared, down to the cologne and the diet/energy choices. And I concur about the playlist - it's nice and even-handed between dance tunes and "sit and listen" tunes.

12. bass10bfb

bass10bfb Prophet Low End Provider Gold Supporting Member

May 5, 2011
    Newport, TN.
    Great gig report brother!!!! Nicely done!!!!
    I am 46, and have some health issues, and haven't been able to gig for years. But you give me hope brother!!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

13. interp

interp Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2005
    Garmisch, Germany
    Great band name! Reminds me of two of my all-time favorite (and real) band names: The Saloonatics and The Incontinentals.

Flooflox, nixdad and mike o like this.
  14. Jimruth

Jimruth Supporting Member

Great report! How do you arrange “Somebody to Love”? Just curious how to do this without that choral aspect. (Great song; I’d love to cover that on stage.)

mike o likes this.
  15. I note that you have your Keeley set almost EXACTLY as I have mine- I run the Ratio and Threshold around noon, with the output a little bit hotter (to make up for the Ampeg SCR-DI's -15db setting- it has a "hate" of anything even approaching "loud"). Great little box, isn't it?

mike o likes this.
  16. Nice gig report, you included the requisite food shot, something I missed on my one and only report. I like the band name too!

Cool video too, rock on!

mike o likes this.
  17. mike o

mike o

Jan 3, 2009
    Monroe, GA
    Yes. I really like this pedal. So easy to use and really cleans up my sound. Especially before the FI. Thank you!

basscapes likes this.
  18. mike o

mike o

Jan 3, 2009
    Monroe, GA
    Not sure if I understand the question. Jefferson airplane. We end white rabbit holding on the one. Drummer counts us into somebody to Love. Just let it rip with a extended spacey guitar/band jam. This pairing always works for us young and old alike. Truly a crowd pleaser.

19. Jimruth

Jimruth Supporting Member

Oh, sorry. Wrong "Somebody to Love." I'd listened to Queen during my commute this morning and had that song in my mind while I read your post.

Sore Thumb likes this.
  20. SWRnut

SWRnut Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Columbia, SC
    Nice report.

mike o likes this.