Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

intrested

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BASSELF, Apr 19, 2004.

1. BASSELF

BASSELF

Apr 19, 2004
    ottawa
    Hey, this might just be me....but what i lvoe about playing bass (other than the instrument itself) is the fact that their is always a shortage of bass players...well good one's at least, rather that guitarists im always being offered with band opportunities....dam....us bass players r lucky. lol. :bassist:

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Around where I live everybody plays bass and guitar. The thing to be if you want lots of offers is a drummer, cause there aren't any.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    During my tenure at Bass101.com, I saw some of the WORST spellers on the planet. Then again, more than half of the forum had English as a second/third language :oops:.

4. BASSELF

BASSELF

Apr 19, 2004
    ottawa
    considering i typed it up in a bout 45secs its not bad...

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Heh. Yeah it is. :)

6. Yes, it is horrible. *in Samir from Office Space voice*

Drummers are in demand here too. Bass is second. Everyone else thinks they are good at acoustic. There's literally a 30:1 ratio of acoustic guitar players to every other instrument player here. I'm going to start smashing some Martins if I show up to anymore shows that turn out to be acoustic. Then I will dance on the splinters and cry tears of joy as I repeatedly smash the mics with the remaining headstocks.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Thanks for showing you care. :rolleyes: ;)

8. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I live in a college town, so just about everyone and their mother plays guitar, it's definitly hard to find a bass player....even harder to find a good bass player who actually does something exciting on the thing.

9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Where I live good drummers (keyword=good) are pretty damn hard to come by. Singers are so rare I'm starting to doubt if they exist :meh: . I only know two other bassists, but they're both great.

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Drummers are also very hard to find, strangly i know more drummers here then bass players.

The trick to get a singer is to get a band going and not worry about singing....then after a little while make the person with the best sounding voice the singer, trap him.

11. BASSELF

BASSELF

Apr 19, 2004
    ottawa
    hmmmm i find there r more drummers than bass....must jsut b where i live :bassist:

12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

My mother plays bass, guitar, and spells better than anyone
    here. And English is not her native language ...