1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

intrested

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BASSELF, Apr 19, 2004.

1. BASSELF

BASSELF

Apr 19, 2004
    ottawa
    Hey, this might just be me....but what i lvoe about playing bass (other than the instrument itself) is the fact that their is always a shortage of bass players...well good one's at least, rather that guitarists im always being offered with band opportunities....dam....us bass players r lucky. lol. :bassist:

2. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Around where I live everybody plays bass and guitar. The thing to be if you want lots of offers is a drummer, cause there aren't any.

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    During my tenure at Bass101.com, I saw some of the WORST spellers on the planet. Then again, more than half of the forum had English as a second/third language :oops:.

4. BASSELF

BASSELF

Apr 19, 2004
    ottawa
    considering i typed it up in a bout 45secs its not bad...

5. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Heh. Yeah it is. :)

6. Yes, it is horrible. *in Samir from Office Space voice*

Drummers are in demand here too. Bass is second. Everyone else thinks they are good at acoustic. There's literally a 30:1 ratio of acoustic guitar players to every other instrument player here. I'm going to start smashing some Martins if I show up to anymore shows that turn out to be acoustic. Then I will dance on the splinters and cry tears of joy as I repeatedly smash the mics with the remaining headstocks.

7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Thanks for showing you care. :rolleyes: ;)

8. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I live in a college town, so just about everyone and their mother plays guitar, it's definitly hard to find a bass player....even harder to find a good bass player who actually does something exciting on the thing.

9. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Where I live good drummers (keyword=good) are pretty damn hard to come by. Singers are so rare I'm starting to doubt if they exist :meh: . I only know two other bassists, but they're both great.

10. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Drummers are also very hard to find, strangly i know more drummers here then bass players.

The trick to get a singer is to get a band going and not worry about singing....then after a little while make the person with the best sounding voice the singer, trap him.

11. BASSELF

BASSELF

Apr 19, 2004
    ottawa
    hmmmm i find there r more drummers than bass....must jsut b where i live :bassist:

12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

My mother plays bass, guitar, and spells better than anyone
    here. And English is not her native language ...