Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

intresting joke.

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by mayfairmistress, Aug 24, 2000.

1. mayfairmistress

mayfairmistress

Aug 19, 2000
    A biology graduate student went to Borneo to take some samples for his thesis work. He flew there, found a guide with a canoe to take him up the river to the remote site he where he would make his collections. About noon on the
    second day of travel up the river they began to hear drums. Being a city boy by nature, the biologist was disturbed by this. He asked the guide, "What are those drums?" The guide turned to him and said, "Drums OK, but VERY BAD when they stop."

Well the biologist settled down a little at this, and things went reasonably well for about two weeks. Then, just as they were packing up the camp to leave, the drums suddenly stopped! This hit the biologist like a ton of
    bricks (to coin a phrase), and he yelled at the guide,

"The Drums have stopped, What happens now?"

The guide crouched down, covered his head with his hands and said:

"Bass Solo"

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Will C.:cool:

3. Shouldn't this be in the thread called "Jokes?"

Rock on
    Eric

4. MARK KING TELLS THAT JOKES ON FAIT A COMPLI VIDEO FOR LEVEL 42??

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Were you asking a question stompfrog??!?

Yeah that joke has been done... to death... death I say.

6. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    ya know, sorry... but i have to say i'm getting a little tired of the bassist bashing that goes on everywhere. and now here at talkbass too. why do we have to poke fun at each other, even in jest? i know it's just a joke, but i think these things go deeper than that. people don't respect bass solos because of the attitude (as in this joke) that people keep putting out about bass players, and especiall bass solos. i solo. if someone doesn't like it, it's their problem. flea solos. would the biologist cover his ears to the solo in aeroplane, or stone cold bush? sorry, i don't think so. i really wish you guys would start respecting us and yourselves.

gotcha!!!!

just kidding. funny joke.

7. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    :p

8. Where has the love gone? :p

9. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

My music teacher always tells this joke to my class. He has so many jokes against bassists, drummers and guitarists.

10. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Yeah, definitly heard that one, just with "Guitar solo" as well as bass solo as the punch line. Wow, so funny... you'd think there'd be new jokes out and about by now!

Ray

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Death ... by Munjibunga. (A punch line in its own right.)