1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

intresting thing happened today!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by steve-o, Jun 14, 2002.

  1. steve-o

    steve-o Guest

    Apr 17, 2002
    i went to the local music store today during my lunch break with my dad. to get a fretless MIM jazz bass.
    well i started to play on a sting bass. then put that on layaway. then i went back to work. then started to think about numbers. then walked into my dad office and told him that i wanted the american jazz bass up there. and if i were to sell my spector it would even out the money between them.
    so he went up there and changed it.
    i got the turquiose body with a maple fingerboard!
    man it looks awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    is $845 a good price for one?
    it has a new cord, strap, case. and some another stuff. the case is molded.
    man i can't get it out of my head!!!!!!!
    so whatcha think?
    if i can find a pic i will post it!

    and by the way my spector is for sale also with the stuff in my sig!!!
    help a brother out!!!
  2. steve-o

    steve-o Guest

    Apr 17, 2002
    this bass........[​IMG]
  3. steve-o

    steve-o Guest

    Apr 17, 2002
    this color!!![​IMG]
  4. steve-o

    steve-o Guest

    Apr 17, 2002
  5. Hategear

    Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

    Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I don't get it.
  6. Gabu


    Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    Cool man. Those are both nice colors! If you like the MIA Fender then go for it. But if you still like your Spectre too, you might consider putting the Fender on layaway and having both.

    I play my 75 reissue Natural Jazz about 75% of the time now. My MIM Jazz V Deluxe and Steinberger 5 share the other 25% equally.

    It's easy to dial in some sweet tones with a good Jazz. :)
  7. steve-o

    steve-o Guest

    Apr 17, 2002
    ya. i want both, but when i get the fender i will never touch the spector. and i need car insuarance.
    don't tell my girlfriend that i actually paying for this bass.
    i had to tell her that i am trading all my extra gear for it. well i am! it is just that i have to come up with another $300. and that doesn't count the $160 i already put down on it!
    is $845 a good price?
    that includes a case. strap, straplocks,a instrument cord, the wrenches for the trussrod and the bridge.
    and they aren't charging me lawaway charges!
    they know my dad by name! they were joking about getting him a time card!
    he has spent so much money in that place!
    and now he id selling the rest of his guitars to get a custom shop tele!
    anyone looking for some really nice guitars?
    a cheap MIA strat!!!
    a guitar he built! on is a esquire, a strat tyoe with a humbucker in the bridge, a tele, and a bass,
    sorry if i am out of line for posting this.

  8. Lackey


    May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hmm,, well personally I can't justify paying 3 times as much for a MIA versus a nifty MIM with some upgrades,, but go for it if you want it!!

    (Just saying that because you go thru so many basses!!)
  9. steve-o

    steve-o Guest

    Apr 17, 2002
    well i can't get a MIM with a maple fingerboard.
    and with this color.
    the MIA has graphite reinforced neck. and rolled edges. it has more detail to everything. all the MIM i have seen have sloppy routing. and they don't sound as nice. and nothing beats than having a MIA fender! i probabaly could have gotten something better for the money but this thing is beautiful!

  10. patrickj


    Aug 13, 2001
    Ellicott City, MD
    Endorsing: Spector Bass Guitars
    moldy case? euugh:D

Share This Page