1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Intro and Set List Suggestion Box

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by bassist50, May 10, 2010.

1. bassist50

bassist50

Mar 3, 2010
    What's up everybody!

I am pretty new to this forum. I've checked out a few threads(mostly classifieds!). None the less, my apologies is this thread is misplaced or otherwise unusual.

Getting to the point!

I play in a...well let's call it a FUNK ROCK DANCE SOUL GROOVE band. My brother's and I have been playing for some years together under the watchful eye of our father, the mentor, and have finally decided to get our s#*t together! I am working on a set list of tunes and as I stare into the vast depths of my rapidly flickering computer screen, my brain turns to a puddle of mush.

I am looking for song suggestions from EXPERIENCED, WORKING musicians. Or anyone with half a brain for what should be played in a bar.

Please feel free to recommend anything.

A few examples from the current set list to get the ball rollin:
    TOP - Down to the Nightclub
    Stevie Wonder - Sir Duke, Higher Ground
    Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
    Dave Matthews - Trippin Billies
    Gavin Degraw - I Don't Wanna Be
    Earth Wind & Fire - Serpentine Fire, Shining Star
    Billy Joel - We Didn't Start the Fire
    David Essex - Rock On
    Zeppelin - Good Times Bad Times
    Michael Jackson - Black or White
    Graham Central Station - Pow, Hair
    Al Di Meola - Metropolitan Life
    Stevie Ray Vaughan - Tightrope
    Muse - Uprising
    Tom Cochrane - Life is a Highway
    Temptations - Shakey Ground, Ball Of Confusion, Ain't Too Proud
    Beatles - Come Together

You get the idea. Let me know some tunes you'd like to hear. Remember to keep people dancing! Cheers!
    -Dan