1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Introduce me to house/techno/rave/club/dance music

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by paste, Oct 25, 2013.

1. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    I recently found out how to tweak the audio system in my car and the bass is a beast in that thing. I don't usually listen to really bassy music but I find it pleasing to listen to them in the car. So any suggestion on what kind of songs/band I should be looking out for?

2. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    "LFO" by LFO is the first thing that comes to mind...

3. minimal

minimal

Jun 1, 2013
    Marlow - Convoy, Scum, and Body Count.

This is a four track single put out a few years ago. The bass lines in this are just devastating and will give any good system a proper workout. I guess this might be considered deep proto dub step? It does have a very serious "wub-wub" to it, but don't let the mention of dub step scare you off. If you can't find it anywhere (highly probable) shoot me a pm. Unfortunately Marlow didn't make any other tracks like these as far as I know.

4. minimal

minimal

Jun 1, 2013
    Panacea, Needle Sharing, and Tarmvred - Panacea Shares Needles with Tarmvred.

Another release from quite a few years ago. This one might be easier to find since Panacea is pretty huge. He is another good one to look into on his own as well. This collaborative release has some absolutely crushing tracks. Nordic Rampage is pounding into my ears as I write this. Well worth finding this one. Again if you can't, let me know.

5. paste

paste

Oct 3, 2011
    Michigan
    Nice suggestions so far. I'm gonna download these on to my Ipod since my new car's got an AUX outlet. Now i'm kind of excited for work tomorrow haha.

6. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    If you want some trance, check out dj rad.

7. bass12

bass12 Say "Ahhh"... Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    Don't forget about reggae! Studio One is your friend...

8. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY