Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Introducing myself

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by ChaosBass, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Hello people!
    I'm new to this forum :p and I think the best way to indroduce myself is posting an mp3 of my band:
    Swept Away
    Well... hope you like it... :hyper:

2. dude that was awesome
    i am a huge metal fan, i have to say that was great, how long you guys been together

3. Thank you!! We're playing togather almost one year now, but we all come from different band experiences.

4. odie

odie Supporting Member

Wow nice recording quality. Lacuna Coil comparisons must come up alot?

5. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    nice stuff. great tone.

6. wow...for once, metal without the horrible vocals! give your singer(s) a high five for me!

7. Thanks to all... really! :)
    The bass tone comes out from a weird combination of DI signal, SWR WM's12 combo and an ADA guitar combo with overdrive set to 8!

8. Don W

Don W

Jan 30, 2004
    East Bay, CA.
    Damn, that was a really cool song. Thanks for posting it! :bassist:

9. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Thumbs up, yo.

10. tucker

tucker Guest

Jan 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    awesome

i like it more than the stuff thats out now. i dont liste to metal now but it has a metallica meets pantera feel, its good. i like the females vocals. great combination.

11. hieronymous

hieronymous

Nov 28, 2002
    Northern CA
    ChaosBass - sounds great! I'm not a huge fan of unison vocals, but then the line splits into a nice harmony when I'm not expecting it. I liked the spacey middle section too.

What bass/basses do you use?

12. Thanks hieronymous, and all of you also!!!
    My main instrument is a Yamaha RBX765A, but I used a Frudua frettless on some lines of the CD :smug: :bassist: