Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Introducing myself...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GuitarX, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Hi all,

I was just told about this site by a real nice guy (and TalkBass member) named Charles, from here in Denver.

I've just entered the world of the music business after spending the last 15 years at MCI. In celebration of being laid off I've started my own guitar gallery. :eek: I became involved with the wonderful people at Warrior Instruments and now, with my fiancee, own the newest Warrior Instrument Gallery in Denver. I promise to behave - I won't advertise or anything like that! :)

I have to admit that I'm not a bass player, just a lowly guitar player. I'll just lurk on the forum to try to learn from you all and try to pick up any knowledge I can. I also keep second-guessing myself on the products I carry for bass so this forum will help me there as well. I want to make sure I'm carrying the cool stuff!

Anyway, thanks for putting up with me and I hope to meet some of you at the NAMM bass event I was just reading about!

Gary

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Alright, but even one PRS comment, or so much as a squeak about Gibson Les Pauls...

Out comes the bikini wax. And it's not as fun as it sounds.

(Welcome to TB :D)

3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    What's up Gary! I'm really looking forward to meeting you and seeing your store after Christmas. To be honest with you, I think that Warrior might be just what the doctor ordered here in Denver. Let me see if I can round up a few more of us Coloradans to come and say hello. Welcome to TalkBass!

4. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Welcome aboard!!:)

There is alot of info about everything you would ever need to know about bass around here. Hang around and you will learn a lot.;)

But, this is in the wrong forum. Moved down to OT.

5. Thanks Brendan! What's a PRS? ;) Is that a new brand of underarm deodorant? LOL! Oops, I hope that doesn't warrant a bikini waxing! :eek:

Thanks Charles for letting me know about this, I'll try not to give you a bad name around here!

...And sorry about that Ryan, I already screwed up on my first post.... :(

Gary

6. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Guess that whole "Not advertising" thing excluded your sig....

Just kidding.

Welcome.

7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Not to worry Gary. I've already beat you to the punch on that! :D ;)

8. Welcome GuitarX. This is a real cool place, and you will learn a lot, I know that I already have and still am.

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

hey, we was almost co-workers! I was at Sprint until November of 2001... a beautiful Friday morning, I started the longest lunch break of my life...

"Patrick, would you come with me to the conference room? we need to talk about a few things..."

welcome to TB....

P@

10. xush

xush

Jul 4, 2001
    mobile AL
    Howdy & welcome.
    I'll be up in Denver in late Jan.
    Is your gallery up and running?
    If I don't have any broken bones/torn ligaments the first day, maybe we can come visit...

never met any Warriors yet.

11. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hiya, welcome to TB
    (sorry if this is spam, just wanted to greet the newb ;) )

12. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Do you think that I can get my gumbo in January Mark? :D ;)

13. pbassfreak

pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    Welcome..you will definetly benefit from this site..dont be afraid to ask these guys anything..theres no such thing as a dumb question..however we have to do something about your name..

14. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    welcome to TB

j/w- is it really smart to put ur address in a public place??

it wasn't that bad....kinda fun...:eek: :D

bp13

15. Yoshi and Indolent, thanks for the welcome! I really appreciate it.

pmkelly, so you're another displaced telecom worker huh? Congratulations! I'm SO happy to be out of that lifeless world and doing something that I love and dealing with people who are so nice and "real". This has been a wonderful change for me. I hope things are going well for you too!

xush, the gallery is indeed up and running. I'll be at NAMM in the middle of January but my partner will keep her going while I'm gone. For your playing pleasure, I promise to bring back as many cool basses as I can afford! LOL!

ebozzz, save some of that gumbo for me!

pbassfreak, you don't like the name Gary????

;)

16. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Gary,

I've been trying to get some gumbo out of Mark for about a year now. I've got a feeling that if i can persuade him to bring some up our way you're going to get a hard fight out of me to get some! :D

17. Yes, Mark needs to bring Gumbo for all. I'm sure Charles can tell you all about the horrible stuff they try to pass off as "Jambaylaya" in our work's cafeteria. Charles, where on Earth did they relocate you to, anyway?
    Welcome Gary, I'll have to check out your store after the holidays!
    ~Ad

18. pbassfreak

pbassfreak

May 2, 2001
    long beach
    Gary is a great name..but guitar..how bout bass x..im only kidding..welcome again and im in for a big gumbo feast

19. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2000
    Finally!!! A place here in the Denver Metro area that offers alternatives to the standard grouping of instruments and gear.

Welcome aboard!!!