1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Introduction and Amp Flex

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jtown690, Mar 12, 2020.

1. Jtown690

Jtown690

Jan 22, 2020
    I’ve been creeping from the sidelines for 6 months or so. I thought I’d introduce myself with and Amp setup flex.
    I got back into playing 6 months ago after taking 10 years off (life, kids, other priorities)
    A guy I met through work plays Harp in a gigging blues band and recently lost his bass player. It inspired me to pull my 2004 American P bass out from under the bed.
    I set my P up, my chops started coming back and I started looking around at Amps.
    I found a B100 on Craig’s locally.
    It wasn’t really enough to hang so I stepped up to a V4B/212av setup I found on Craig’s locally.
    After moving that thing around for a few months I was kinda over the weight (I know, I know... there’s fridge/SVT die hards here and rightfully so)
    I started searching and I was about to buy Mesa Subway stuff but then! I got a chance to play through Milkman Stuff. It’s more HiFi than some would prefer, but the combination of the low weight, hand wired, USA built, and headroom made me pull the trigger. With the super simple eq it’s really hard to get a bad sound out of the thing.
    Sold the B100
    Had the V4B setup and the milkman
    Built my pedal board with the Ampeg SCR-DI
    Sold the V4B setup.

Here’s my mostly “quiver killer”

USA Hand wired Milkman Sound Half & Half Bass amp head High Voltage Tube Preamp with Class D 700watt power amp in Half Moon Walnut. 11lbs
    USA Hand built 1x12 8 ohm Milkman Sound ported Bass Cabinet with speakON connections
    in tuxedo. 33lbs

Pedal Board:
    -BOSS Tuner
    -Walrus Audio Deep six compression pedal.
    -Walrus Audio Julia Chorus pedal
    -Ampeg SCR-Di Preamp pedal
    -MXR Isolated power supply

Fender Deluxe Tweed Cables. View attachment 3741620 View attachment 3741620

Attached Files:

beans-on-toast and dabis like this.
  2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021