1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Introductions

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by warwick.hoy, Feb 29, 2008.

1. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Hello All,

My name is James.

As the post counts rise I figured it was high time to introduce myself. I live with my fiance in the wonderful neighborhood of Brownes Addition located in the city of Spokane, WA.

I grew up in Virgina Beach VA. and moved from there in late 2001.

I came to Talkbass when the Bass101 forum shut down and didn't post for a long time due to the immensity of this forum. So here I am now

I'm 28 and still growing up. I have been playing bass since I was 14 and I started with the piano when I was 5. I took formal piano lessons for 9 years and have some classical theory and jazz combo experience from Spokane Falls Community College. I have plans to return to school. I used to be in a jamband called SoulCreep, and was in a hardcore band in Va. Beach called Subject 4.

I'm relatively open-minded when it comes to music. My favorite music is of the Jamband variety and also love soul and funk. My favorite bands are Umphrey's McGee, Phish, The String Cheese Incident, Lake Trout and Steely Dan among a plethora of others. I like funky hip hop like People Under the Stairs too as well as some metal and classic rock.

Well that is all I can think of for now and look forward to getting to know everyone and hopefully adding whatever nuggets of knowledge and pseudo-wisdom I can.

~James

2. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Welcome to TalkBass.:)

It's about time you introduced yourself!:p