Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by blackmetal27, Jul 10, 2002.

1. ok i was listing to this song and i was like man this is a really good song. and then i find out that its incubus off there album science. what happened to that band there old stuff rocked and was sort od hard. now there all mellow and "she lives without warning" i want the old stuff back
  2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

yeah, i preffer the old Incubus too but the new stuff is also good.
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    They were better in their old days, but their bass lines are better and they have out alot more thought into their laterst album, "Morning Veiw"
    I llike the guitar and bass lines, but that means diddely squat if the music doesnt rock like it used to
  4. JP Bassman

JP Bassman

Jun 18, 2001
    they've changed. it is their right to play what they want....

old incubus is overrated, although not as much as new incubus :p
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    IMO they didnt "change", they just "Found their sound"

i love that band, too bad i lost my copy of Make Yourself...
  6. Morning View is just has great songs like Aqueous Transmission and Mexico but then it has really crappy songs like Blood on the Ground and Have You Ever. I think their best period was the S.C.I.E.N.C.E./Make Yourself days.
  7. blah, i hate their new stuff. brandon, grow your dreads back, start rocking out again, and for GOD'S sake put your shirt back on, you sissy.
  8. RedV

Mar 19, 2002
    Eustis, FL
    Tell us how you REALLY feel about it man:)

I agree though, the rocking/funky stuff from SCIENCE, Enjoy Incubus, and most of Make Yourself is where the good stuff is at. Morning View is just too poppy.

9. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I think this is where they realised that a majority of their audience were female, and that (IMO) is why brandon keeps his short off. :D
  10. I like the newer stuff better actualy. I find it a lot more.... musical. I did like the funkieness of the older stuff, but there are sings like 'are you in?' that are new and very funky too.
  11. I am in the minority here. I dispise the early incubus with a passion. A ton of overplaying. Some people like that but I hate that constant chops flashing playing. I would bet a $100 against a bucket of piss it was their label that told them to make a more commercial sound and to sell more records (a la 311 blue album). They have tasted the sucess so Im sure the will continue on the path they are on.
  12. Julien

Dec 29, 2001
    Since make yourelf i just can't stand to always see brandon without a shirt.they are the backstreet boys of "new letal"(i don't know how to call thier stuff)
  13. CS

Dec 11, 1999
    Sorry boys I have Morning View and its on constantly. I tried SCIENCE, too jazzy. This thread smacks of the superior fan syndrome "I liked them before they were signed" "Well I liked them before they were born". ;)

Flame away dont swear and dont get personal :)
  14. MrBungle3

May 16, 2002
    The one thing about incubus that I had loved up until 'morning view' is how their sound changed from cd to cd, and it was all good music, with a incubus spin on it. Morning view showed little effort to be anything different from their 'successful' songs off of 'Make yourself' -- it seems like they took the hit singles from one cd and multiplied it a couple of times and put the remix on a new cd...yes they have grown up and I dont expect them to be playing 'fungus amoungus' "enjoy incubus' or 'science' anymore, but I do expect high quality music, which I think that they fell short on with their new album. Maybe if it was any other artist's doubt album, I would love it, but because it came from incubus, I feel disapointed.
  15. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I like Incubus, including their new stuff. I didn't really like it at first, but that was really just because I love their older stuff.
    They have changed but it's still Incubus.