Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

INXS's "rockstar" reality television contest

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by slick519, Jul 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    what can i say. I have never cringed from what i saw on television. It literally makes me sick, watching all of these people perform old classics (purple haze anyone?) and just murder them. If that wasnt bad enough... the reactions from the people in the crowd. The people pumping the "rock on" hand signal, or whatever it is. I have seen more convincing acts at an ashlee simpson concert. It really hurt watching people so "into" the mindless pop drivel, and being excited for the song just because they were on television. This is going to give so many people the wrong idea of what "rock" is and what "rock" is not.

i hope nobody watches this show

slick

2. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    It's still better than American Idol. Also the bad is really good.

3. TL5

TL5

Jun 27, 2005
    Nashville
    IMHO, it's exactly what rock is and has been for quite some time.
    I have no particular reverence to those songs. They're just pop music. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

4. sorry but it is the lamest of the lame. The band should get over the hutchence thing - either get a proper singer in the industry the old fashioned way or dissolve the band. Very shallow and a useless excuse for publicity. My little respect that i had has now dissappeared. It's a pretty low level to stoop too, maybe they should quit playing music and go plat their own crap. Shame inxs, shame!

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You go to Ashlee Simpson concerts? :eyebrow:

brad cook

6. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i have...

:crying:

7. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    haha, touche. but still, this tv show really licks nuts.

8. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    We already have one thread about this teetering into chaos in Miscellaneous. We don't need another one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.