1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

IPad Recording

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Steve Killingsworth, Jun 1, 2012.

1. I've spent time reading the app thread but not much is mentioned about recording onto a phone or pad. I now have an IPad2 that is for the most part for my work. However, I would like to use it for recording.

What are my options for recording apps? Their pros and cons?

What about external mics?

2. GarageBand works pretty good for me. I use it for noodling around and it's fine. If you have a recent version of GB on your Mac, you can take stuff from one and play or edit the song on the other. For example, if you create a song on your iPad, you can transfer the GB file to your Mac and edit or play it. The downside is you have to use iTunes to transfer the GB files back and forth. Otherwise, you can email a mixdown AAC file to yourself or whomever. I bought one of those iRig audio dongles (let's you plug in a 1/4" plug into the headphones jack and has a headphone jack too). But, YMMV. There are a few free apps too if you just want to record ideas or what not. Haven't used an external mic, but the built-in mic passes for noodling/ideas.

3. what the pluck

what the pluck

Oct 13, 2010
    Australia
    There's some good USB mics out there. I'd just go for a cheap condenser type one like a behringer. No need to spend big bucks just for getting ideas down.