1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ipad to display pdf charts?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassliner50, Jan 19, 2018.

1. I'm tired of using The Real Books in conventional ink on paper form. Others I play with access these tunes on their Ipads. Am I able to use Ipad generation 1 with minimal memory (16Gb) to display these charts? Would I be able to use drop box to transfer .pdf files from my laptop to the Ipad? thanks in advance for your good advice.

2. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    IIRC forScore support (one of main programs, happens to be the only reason I own an iPad) is limited for the iPad1 - the iPad2 is still actively supported, though (again, IIRC)

That's what their website says today. There are other programs. forScore does integrate with dropbox and other cloud services easily.

If not storing much else on it, 16 Gb should be fine, unless you have really bloated PDFs (sizes can vary depending on how they are produced and on what equipment with what settings if they are from scans rather than digital documents) and quite a few of those. 16 Gb is a LOT of space when talking documents, not videos.

3. Chuckdesj

Chuckdesj

Jan 11, 2015
    Canada
    Look at ireal pro app.

4. T_Bone_TL

T_Bone_TL

Jan 10, 2013
    SW VT
    You might find this thread helpful.
    WE Warrior needs tablet computer as a teleprompter.

Also, you can generally use a USB cable to transfer PDFs directly (as an alternative to dropbox/cloud approaches - can be faster if you have a large number to move.)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021