1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

iPhone 4 Case Recommendations

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GrooveWarrior, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Im getting ready to get an iPhone 4s, and it's impossible to sort through all the cases available.

What case do you like for yours? I don't need a super tough case, and need it to be fairly thin to go in my pocket.

Thanks.

2. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    incase snapcase is what I would get if I wanted a case

3. Billy K

Billy K

Nov 5, 2009
    North Bay Marin
    Element case. Solid billet aluminum. Take that baby to war.

4. curbowkid

curbowkid Guest

Jun 27, 2011
    Brooklyn, New York
    I recomend the otter box defender over everything I've ever seen. I have one for my iPad and I've dropped it on many occasions, on both soft and super hard surfaces and my iPad still remains pristine. I had a co worker who had the otter box for his iPhone and I watched him throw it as hard as he could down a hallway and it was perfectly fine. Yes aluminium would be nice but the construction of otterboxes is bar none. While it may not be the thinnest, it is the best case for your iPhone. Combined with a screen protector and you have a virtually indestructible iPhone

5. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    InCase Slider. I had two on my old iPhone 3G and I've had one on my new iPhone 4. Never an issue, managed to drop both phones on concrete with zero damage to the phone itself.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I had one made out of Kevlar for my Droid. The guys at Apex Carbon made mine.

-Mike

7. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Don't own an iPhone but I've heard nothing but good things about Otter cases.

8. Another vote for Otterbox. I love mine.

9. My fiance has an Incipio case on her iphone 4. She loves it. As do I. I liked it so much I also bought an Incipio case for my Samsung GS2.

10. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
  11. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    I recently picked up a 4S and went through this. I really like the Magpul Executive Field Case:

They can be had for about $10 shipped on eBay. Magpul's polymers are tougher than most. Available in black, foliage green (a grey-green), flat dark earth, olive drab, orange and pink.

12. shaggy45

shaggy45 Supporting Member

Sep 27, 2009
    Georgia
    i use just the band style case from griffin. i've dropped it tons of times (on concrete) and have had no issues. i hate full body cases now.

13. alembicguy

alembicguy I operate the worlds largest heavey equipment Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Minnesota
    Lifeproof case.Much more protection than an OtterBox.
    Water proof
    Dirt and dust proof
    Expensive ($70-$80) but what's your iPhone 4s worth.

http://www.lifeproof.com/

14. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I like my Otterbox. No complaints. Dropped it in a creek while fishing and it survived.

15. hover

hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Massachusetts
  16. That thing is awesome, I think I might get one. If I could get rid of one more thing in my pockets, that would be awesome. I got the iPhone in the first place because of that. I have a Case Mate and I drop my phone daily, it still works perfectly. I recommend getting a good screen protector, Ghost Armour is the best and worth every penny.

lowsound

17. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Oct 20, 2007
    I have an iPhone 3G and bought the silicone rubber Otter- I have dropped it from the driver's seat of my Astro van and it usually lands on a corner but the phone is spotless. I also bought a 3-pack of screen protectors online.

18. J. Crawford

J. Crawford Supporting Member

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV

As much as I like my Otterbox, I'm a college student who wears sweat pants 5 days a week and hates carrying a wallet. so, I just snagged one of these Bookbooks. It should be within a week. I'm quite excited.

I plan to do the camera hole cutout mod, too.