1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Iphone/Ipod Apps?? Anybody have any good bass related ones??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Steelpulz, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    I have the irealbooks, which is a great tool. It has over 550 jazz standards that are easily readable on a gig. Additionally, the key of any song can be changed on the fly.

There is supposed to be a new version soon that will allow users to develop and share their own chord charts...can't wait for that.

2. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    ireal books might be very nice, but 7.50 dollars for no melody is a little bit too much, isn't it?

Is it possible to play the chords it can only display them?
    If you can play them can you add a simple drum line?

3. Cleartune is a surprisingly functional tuner.

And it's not directly bass-related, but I've been digging Simplify Media, which allows you to stream your entire iTunes library to your (and your friends') iPhone or other connected device.

4. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    Erix, irealbooks doesn't play the chords. And, incorporating the melody would be a big copyright problem.

5. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    I also like "Music Trainer" It is an app that allows you to slow down a mp3 without changing the pitch. It also allows looping of a particular part of a song. It helps on those fast changes.

6. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I use digidrummer Lite.

Nothing like having a drum machine in my pocket.

Records, plays back, not too bad for a freebie.

7. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    I also tried DigiDrummer (and I even bought the upper version) but I have been disappointed, it is not easy to record something correct.

8. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    bump

9. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    Ireal Books was just upgraded, now you can 1) edit any of the 600 songs, 2) create your own chord charts and 3) email any chart.

10. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    That's cool enough to justify an iPhone....

11. Steelpulz

Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    the "Music Trainer" app just got a serious upgrade. Now you can slow down an mp3 and change keys also.

12. I'm loving Ellatron at the moment - a Mellotron that fits in your pocket! :D

13. andy mojo

andy mojo

May 21, 2009
    I am the author of "Slow Down Music Trainer". It an iPhone / iPod Touch app that slows down play back with out changing the pitch. It is based on a Tascam trainer I bought a couple of years ago. I never really liked the tascam device. I found it hard to use and expensive. The replacement was going to cost about $200. I realized I could implement something like the tascam trainer on a mobile phone and sell it for a couple of buck. I always have my phone with me, so why lug something else around. The iPhone has a big beautiful screen, allowing me to make a very easy to use User Interface.

One of the things that drove me nuts about the tascam was that it was really hard to define a phrase. Once I went through all the time and trouble of doing this there was no way to save the definition. Music trainer makes it really easy to define a phrase and save it with name to disk.

I have tons of great review. You can see them on my website www.santacruzintegration.com or on iTunes

enjoy

Andy

14. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    It is a brilliant idea Andy, I'll give it a try.

15. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    Did someone test Sonoma 4 tracks recorder on iPhone:
    http://www.sonomawireworks.com/iphone/fourtrack/

The idea seems nice, but I wonder about the effectiveness. It looks like a replacement for the portable mini recorders like Zoom or Tascam...

16. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Very interesting. I might give that four track a whirl.