1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

iPhone/irig/aux/Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SquareWaves, Apr 5, 2020.

1. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

Mar 16, 2011
    I have an original irig that I use to practice at home but with the quarantine I’d like a way to play through one of the Bluetooth speakers I own. I’ve used an aux cable with the headphone port in the irig but it just doesn’t play through anything but headphones. What is the best/most affordable option for hearing my bass through a Bluetooth/aux speaker? I say most affordable as like many in the world today I’m currently out of a job.

2. gyancey

gyancey Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Bluetooth is not a real-time transport protocol and often has 200ms+ of latency. Every millisecond of latency is equivalent to stepping away from your amp by about 1.12 feet, so you can quickly see how 200ms is waaaay too much for a real-time monitoring setup.

3. walterw

walterw Supportive Fender Commercial User

Feb 20, 2009
    alpha-music.com
    right, even the "low latency" bluetooth is like 40ms, still way too much lag.

4. filmtex

filmtex Commercial User

May 29, 2011
    S. Texas Hill Country
    Annsman Pro Audio Dealer
    Not understanding why the Aux out>3.5-3.5 aux cable>Aux in @Bluetooth speaker doesn't work. Am I missing something? You indicated that the speaker was "Bluetooth/aux"- doesn't that indicate an Aux input?

5. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

Mar 16, 2011
    I’m aware of the latency issues that are present with Bluetooth, but even with the aux my irig will not go through the speaker, only headphones.

6. srayb

srayb

Oct 27, 2010
    Have you tried plugging the iRig into iPhone, then headphone out of iPhone into speaker aux-in (you’ll need a 1/8” stereo to 1/8” stereo cable)? That has worked for me (make sure you have a speaker with really good bass response).

7. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

Mar 16, 2011
    I’ve used an aux cable to the speaker But no sound ever comes out, once I switch back to headphones I get sound again.

8. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

Mar 16, 2011
    Man I really wish I called this thread “irig without headphones”

9. Thlayli1116

Thlayli1116

Dec 29, 2017
    What software are you using on your iphone? I've found that Amplitube doesn't work with Bluetooth, but Garage Band does work with Blutooth.

10. SquareWaves

SquareWaves

Mar 16, 2011
    AmpliTube but I should stress that I’m not interested in blue tooth, don’t mind the aux cable use, it just doesn’t get any sound out of any speakers I’ve connected my irig to.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021