1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Iphone-tuner?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Dudie, May 5, 2010.

1. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    I always loosing my auto-tuner on gigs so my question is:
    Anyone use a tuner for iphone that works for doublebass?

Ive tried one but it didnt work that well for bass.

2. bassist14

bassist14

Oct 17, 2005
    Germany
    i would not do this. you might lose your iphone.

3. The simple solution: I have an mp3 of an A 440Hz sine wave on my phone and just use it as a tuning reference when I don't have a tuner handy.

4. relacey

relacey

Sep 18, 2004
    The Peterson Strobesoft ap is a great bass tuner. There are some other threads on this if you look around a bit. It's sensitive, picks up the bass easily, and accurate. I still carry a chromatic tuner and an A tuning fork (former boy scout) but I pull out the iphone and fire up the the Strobesoft ap every time.

5. Dudie

Dudie

Apr 26, 2004
    Sweden
    I tried a bunch of free apps and they were all crappy. Before I went to the music store to buy a new tuner I download an app called "ClearTune". Had no high expectations but .... This is the best tuner I have ever tried. No problems with the E-string, Fast and Accurate.

Works perfect for double bass and is inexpensive. Recommended!

Bye bye Korg

6. ()smoke()

()smoke()

Feb 25, 2006
    Dallas
    +1, great tuner