1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

iPod Album Art

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by yem, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Does anyone know of a program that automatically updates the album art of the tunes are are on my iPod? I don't use iTunes as a music library - I just drag mp3s onto my iPod.

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i think you need to use itunes for this, i know i had to manually have itunes search for album art..

you'll get a quicker response on the apple discussion site..

:)

3. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yep, manually updated my album art forever. Haven't found a better way.

4. AlphaMale

AlphaMale

Oct 30, 2006
    Ventura County
    No program does that.

You just have to do it yourself.
    Group the albums together image google the album copy the picture to the clipboard. and right click the tracks go to get info and paste the picture.

5. Yes, iTunes with an account to the store takes care of it. There are obscure album covers it does not have, a google image search and drag and drop into iTunes is what you need.

If you don't use iTunes, you need some other kind of MP3 editing tool that could insert artwork into the MP3 id tracks. iTunes makes all this much easier...

6. I used iTunes but not the music library feature. I'm gathering that there is no automated program. Please correct me....

7. iTunes does it but you need an iTunes account. If you aren't listening to too much obscure music, you might find all the covers automatically. You gotta select the songs you want to have a cover (you can select your whole collection), right click, then click on getting album covers (or something like that). The songs need to be in your library and not in the iPod. So you might need to copy all your music by using iDump on your pc, get the cover and put the songs back in the iPod.

8. Is there a file naming convention that the iPod recognizes? Can I place a image in the album folder that iTunes will use as the album art?

I don't use iTunes as my music library. I only use the program to load my iPod with songs.