ipod alternative?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Mar 8, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a good hard drive player that was slim like the new ipod photo, but not made by apple.

preferable colour screen and with recording capabilities.

I was thinking of the zen sleek, but that is 7mm fatter than the photo

anyone got any suggestions?
  2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Ya know, I'm from the days when we carried our music players on our shoulders, and bigger was better. Look how far technology has taken us....this guy is worried about 7mm!! :D

3. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio

Also, with the iRiver, if you are a a Real Rhapsody to Go member, you get unlimited downloads to certain MP3 players - you can't do this with an iPod (you can only download MP3's that you purchase)...
  4. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    yes my friend has a H10 but its pretty big.......right now ive got a good old sony net MD, but its getting old and doesnt hold that many songs. but my MD is pretty light and compact

mike, your probably right about that, but now that ive SEEN the ipod photo, its made me feel that everything else is huge. and i dont really want a ipod since apple limit you too much.(no ogg......)
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I know what you mean. When I went to the electronics store with my son to get his iPOD, I tried talking him into one of those big boomboxes. I even picked it up and put it on my shoulder. He thought I was crazy.

6. my girlfriend has the Zen Vison, and that is pretty cool...everything you'd want in an mp3 player i guess...to be quite honest, i don't think that a size difference that small will be that noticable though...
  7. I second the iRiver because it supports the open format "ogg". Better than the proprietry mp3 :)
  8. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I have a Zen mico 6gb. I like it. My son has the 8gb Zen photo.
  9. I have an h10 iriver 5gb

it's cool but
    the colourscreen...I don't need it(what was I thinking)

and the problem is getting it to work on any computer, once it works it's supereasy, great sound quality etc. but I had to put 45 minutes into figuring out how it works, could've been better. however you might be quicker if you just follow the online tutorial.... I'm a bit stubborn
  10. instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    sometimes i wish i could just have commericial-less radio nonstop all the time, without a monthly fee....

but o well.

i h ave a zen micro 5gb. horrible product. good idea. but awful. i've had 4 replaced. and this one sucks just as much. any mp3 player that has to be "warmed up" before using it in 50 degrees isn't worth a dime....

ipod really has it goin on. just get a nano and get over it :)

they have what, 8 GB now? sounds damn good to me.
  11. bobdob20

Mar 5, 2006
    I have a zen micro 5gb and its good. had it about a year and have had no problems with it.
  12. CrazyArcher

Aug 5, 2004
    My friend has a 6-Gb iRiver, and it's way better than iPod. Pod is just sold out IMO...
  13. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    The sound of the city
  14. jokke_v

Aug 15, 2003
    Bergen, Norway
    There are no iPod alternatives. Only rip-offs.

Steve Jobz 4 lyfe.

Imagine a tattoo saying that. :p