Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

iPod "Boombox" Recommendations???

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 4, 2006.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

its almost springtime, at least in my head it is... and with all the BBQ's, beach trips, etc., thought it'd be smart to bring along my iPod and mate it up to a boombox of some sort.

anyone have any recommendations?

currently thinking about the new Apple made "iPod Hifi". so far it has the best frequency response, cause yes, we are bass players, and 53Hz to 16kHz rocks from a little box.

[​IMG]

2. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    Looks sick! I was all psyched the other day when it came out...Apples claiming audiophile quality. I'd love to hear a review.

3. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    It's gotten very mixed reviews at Apple's Ipod store. Maybe check one out at an Apple store near you first.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I saw one of those at the Apple store in the mall tonight. I ran right up to it to check it out. First thing on my mind was how can I hook it up to my bass. It sounded great. It wasn't playing anything bass heavy at the time I was listening, so I have no idea how it will do with some NWA playing through it.

For now, I am using the iBOOM. I like it. it get's really loud, and handles the low B quite well.

-Mike

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    lol,

i'm using an iAMP. ;)

ok, that was CRAZY corny... :p

but how do you know it handles the low B, ok?

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I was just trying to tie in a common line from any of the cabs threads in the amps forum. Just trying to be comical. :D

Seriously though, the iBOOM that I have does put out a good amount of low end at high volume without distorting. I play it really loud quite a bit, and I have yet to have it crackle out or distort.

-Mike

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    uhhh,

yea! i knew that... sorta... :p

and yea, my friend said he likes his iBoom as well.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I knew that you knew that I knew that you knew. I was only explaining it for the clueless observing our conversation. :)

Besides, the quality of everything around here is measured by response to the low B.

-Mike