1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

IPOD / BOSE inears

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by keneds, Jul 31, 2007.

1. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    I need a new set of earbuds for my ipod. Has anyone tried the bose inear phones yet? Are they worth $99 ?

2. They sound pretty nice especially compared to the ones that come with an ipod. They do not provide any noise isolation. And, even though they come with 3 different size ear pieces, I can't get them to stay put in my ears if I'm doing anything active. May be my ears though.

As to there worth, hard to say.

3. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    Are they more comfortable than the stock phones?

4. If you want in-ears for that price range I would not recommend the Bose.

I would look into the Shure E3c in-ears. They are one of the best bang for the buck headphones around. They usually retail a bit over $99, but I am looking into a few pairs on ebay. As far as comfort goes, they come with 9 (don't quote me on that) different sets of in-ear pieces so you can switch to whichever one is the most comfortable for you.

5. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Shure over Bose any day of the week. Bose is just so overpriced for what you get. Shure's earbuds have been out for a lot longer and have a much more established (not to mention positive) reputation.

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    I have the Shures too, and I can recommend them without any hesitation. They rock.