1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

iPod question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Let's say I went to a friend's house and transfered some songs onto my iPod, is there a way to transfer songs on my iPod to my iTunes? (My iTunes doesn't have those songs I got at my friend's)

2. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Nope.

3. EDIT: iNevermind

4. really? too bad.

5. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    It's specifically designed so you can't copy music.

Oddly enough, if you open the iPod via Windows and take a look, you'll see that the songs are all there and you can copy them from there. The only problem is that the titles are changed to base 64 or something of the like, so if you have 4 gigs of songs, good luck finding the one you want to copy.

6. hmmmm....I've done it on my mac, but now that I think of it it wasn't an iPod. So nevermind my last post.

7. slidoom

slidoom

May 10, 2007
    you can use yamipod and Transfer it to your hd...

8. The songs aren't protected, and I can't click on something in my iPod and drag it into my iTunes library... Damn Apple......

9. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think Winamp does this for you no problem.

10. 20db pad

20db pad

Feb 11, 2003
    I been everywhere, man...
    None. At all.
  11. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    If you take the songs from your friend's iTunes library and put them on your iPod when it's in disk mode, you can transfer them that way.

I'm also pretty sure there are a number of "iPod ripper" programs out there that will take the songs from the iPod playlist and put 'em in iTunes, or at least get the MP3s.

-Dash

12. BetterBottomEnd

BetterBottomEnd <- Not me I just like looking at her

Jan 9, 2007
    Cable Wi
  13. Poop-Loops

Poop-Loops Banned

Mar 3, 2006
    Auburn, Washington
    Ahh I didn't even think of iPod Rippers. Good find.