Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ipod trouble ( oh lord does it never end)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by page, Jan 24, 2006.

1. Can anyone help? My Ipod fell out of my jacket pocket this morning and hit the pavement. It Cracked the screen on the inside. It still works but I can't see anything. Any suggestions on how to get it fixed? I was told I could send it to the Factory and they'd fix it. Is this true?

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    If it's under warranty, then go take it to an apple store, they might send it off to get repaired or they might just hand you a new one(this happens quite a bit). If it's not under warranty, then you're pretty much screwed in terms of a cheap/easy fix. I mean, they'll still repair it for you if you bring it in to the apple store, but it'll cost a bundle and take a fair amount of time.

3. There are no Apple Stores in MS.

4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Hm, tricky. The closest store to you is in tennessee. Well, you can send it in to apple, though, since I'm assuming it is not under warranty, it'll prolly cost a bundle.

5. It was a gift, Im not sure if it is. If I send it in, do they erase all of my music?

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    After they pass it around the building so everyone can copy it to their iPOD's! :p

-Mike

7. I wouldn't blame them, I have alot of rare stuff.

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Well heck, pass it around here before you let the Apple boys have it. :D

-Mike

9. Hahaha

The bad thing is I had to delete a lot of it off of my iTunes Library to make room for others.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Dude....put a bigger HD in your computer.

-Mike

11. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I had to send my iPod back to Apple a few months ago for a hard drive problem.

THE GOOD
    They send you a box and packing materials via DHL. You can fill out the paperwork and hand it back to the guy right then and there. I had it back in my hands within 5 business days total. Now that's customer service!

THE BAD
    Kiss your recorded music g'bye.

THE UGLY
    Same problem re-occurred after two or three weeks, so I walked it into an Apple Store (luckily there are two near me) and they replaced it.

Peace,

James

12. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Back up all your music before sending in for repairs, I'm not 100% sure if they will reformat the HD, but it makes sense that they would want to. It's your responsibility to backup your music though.

13. JansenW

JansenW

Nov 14, 2005
    Cambridge, MA
    I don't think you'll get the same iPod back. Most likely you'll probably get a referb unit back.

If you have AppleCare for this iPod, it might cover some of the cost.

14. I used podutil to get my music on my library . Now , does anybody know , like the info I need to send it in? Place or maybe a number I can call. I checked my Ipod box but it didn't say anything.

15. I have an Idea! Get it fixed then sell that piece of junk and buy a CREATIVE!

16. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    IIRC, unless the iPod is used in disk mode, you really can't transport files from one location to another. And if you used it in disk mode, you can't play music.

17. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Its really easy to do both. In Windows you just go to My Computer > iPod (right click> show hidden folders) and click and drag the files you want from the hidden library folders.

18. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Go to Apple's website and look under Customer Support. It's pretty intuitive once you get there.

Peace,

James

19. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT