1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Irig/Amplitube for ipad

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gorn, Aug 23, 2012.

1. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Does anyone have it? Does it do anything besides give you different tones through different "amps" and "pedels" and such? I'm still learning and what would be awesome if there were a function that just showed the neck and what notes your're playing. I think that would help me learn where all the notes are.

2. T Bassman

T Bassman Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Canada
    I use my irig through an app called 'jam up pro', and its been a great practice tool for me as I live in a condo and need to be ultra quiet. The 'jam' function is what I use most, as you can load songs from itunes in and play along with the tracks. The amp models/effects aren't really too bad, and I havnt had any latency issues to mess up the experience.

3. tink9975

tink9975

Aug 10, 2006
    MoCo, MD
    Guitar Toolkit will give you the neck diagram you want with notes/scales/chords etc.
    Its a pretty good resource.

4. adambomb

adambomb

Nov 4, 2011
    Birmingham, AL
    Yeah amplitube isn't really a guitar or bass emulation app. It also does zero transcribing for you but...... There is a play along setting inside the app that allows you to pull a song from your iTunes library from your device and turns said song into a wav file and you can slow the song down to a crawl so you can hear each individual note for you to be able to play along slowly and speed it up as you progress. It is a pedal amp cabinet and microphone emulation. And it does great at that. But no transcribing.