1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

iRig vs. Ampkit?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by runmikeyrun, Jan 9, 2012.

1. Heard bad things about the iRig feeding back and having latency issues... any recommendations from fellow TBers? Will be jamming at home and doing some home based tracking so i'd like it to be good quality without having a lot of hassles.

2. JavierFarias

JavierFarias

Feb 9, 2011
    Chile
    I use the iRig, and I'm not having any issues with latency, in fact, it works pretty well, I have never had to use the "ultra-low latency" option. Btw I using it with the Amplitube app, which I think is great for practicing with music and recording stuff.

I also have the Ampkit app, and I think it sounds a little bit better, but the playback options are not as good as in Amplitube.

Here is a test recording I did with the iRig using Amplitube and just my synth (microKorg), a drum track and some effects:
    test MicroKorg by JavierFarias on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Regards

3. nismaniac

nismaniac

Feb 21, 2005
    OKC, OK
    I have the peavey Ampkit link and it seems to do a decent job. I haven't used it for recording but mostly just for practing with songs using the iPhone as a headphone amp. For the price, it seems to work good. If I wanted to get more serious and do some recording I would probably check into something made by apogee.

4. Thanks guys for the responses. I actually acquired a schematic to build a link to my iPhone so i'm going to tru that first. I already have most of the parts.

5. jack4talkbass

jack4talkbass

Jan 10, 2012