Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Irish ebay finally has a decent offering!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ladros2, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Just one thing is bothering me....
    Is it me or the pickups routings are horribly done?

Vince

2. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada

Look like it!

3. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    Item location: sunny south devon : United Kingdom

Sorry.

4. Yes, but I think he was just thinking of an interesting item on ebay Ireland...
    Not sure he was looking for one which must be in Ireland....

5. Paul182

Paul182

May 18, 2005
    Ireland
    There's still 5 days left though

6. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    Hi,

first of all I don't want to hijack this thread - but I will go to Ireland in a few days and stay there for nearly a year. So, my question is: where are the places in Ireland (Dublin) to find nice and also cheap, used basses?

Would be very thankful if you could help me out in this, as I'm not gonna take my bass with me to Ireland. Looks like I'm gonna need a cheap workhorse for a year.

thanks and greetz from Austria,
    paul

7. ladros2

ladros2

Jun 2, 2005
    Ireland
    Basses in Ireland are not cheap by any stretch of the word, and used aren't easy to come across, but i'd advise musician inc. It's a shop with very friendly staff and good deals.

All the main shops in dublin are off grafton street, at the bottom, go down a side street past a huge jewellers, and they're all in the area.

8. Yeah. They look pretty crappy to me, too. Bizzare.

9. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    thanks ladros,

I'll check that out.

greetz,
    paul

10. alansan

alansan

Mar 12, 2004
    Dublin, Ireland
    Hi ratzpaul, I would not recommend buying a bass from a shop in Dublin. As you prob know we are one of the most expensive places to shop in the Eurozone. I have bought all my basses outside Ireland, even with an added import tax of 21% its still better value.

I would recommend the second-hand market however. It's a vicious buyers market.

Good 2nd hand sites for musicians in Ireland:
    www.buyandsell.ie
    www.thumped.com
    www.gigsmartireland.com
    www.boards.ie

11. ratzpaul

ratzpaul

Aug 19, 2004
    Europe
    great links, alansan! I definitely prefer buying used and hope to find a nice one soon after arrival.

thanks,
    paul

12. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I'd reccomend bringing your own bass.Nothing is cheap here.And selection is limited