Irish look good but still need some work.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by CrashClint, Sep 4, 2010.

1. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    Watching the game I was surprised to see ND run as much as they did today. It seems Kelly has them headed in the right direction and I must say I am excited about Irish Football again! :hyper:

2. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    The Irish always look good. :)

Oh, you're talking about football......

3. mmmmm_funky!

mmmmm_funky!

May 24, 2009
    Ireland
    Solidarity bro!

4. Defense needs some work. They made a helluva lot of back to back to back first downs.

It was a win. Kinda fugly win, but a win none the less. One thing for sure, they can't play that way next week against Michigan.

I'm an Irish fan living in Alabama... try that one on for size. Bammer's are so jealous of ND. The still hate Ara from the 1966 national championship. There's an artist down here named Daniel Moore who paints pictures of great moments in Alabama football, and he actually painted a picture from a ND - Alabama game. It's one of Cornelius Bennett sacking Steve Bureline. That was a hell of a sack, but that's digging pretty deep for a paintable highlight. I'd like to see one of ND kicking one of Bear Bryant's teams a$$ and winning the national title. Fat chance of that happening.

GO IRISH!!

5. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but as the AP report afterward points out, Irish coaches are 26-3 on their first games since 1896. Every single new coach since 1988 was supposed to be this hot thing that was going to bring back the glory days when ND won national championships. They do well the first season and then it all seems to fizzle. I'm hopeful but not counting my chickens yet.

6. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Well, most of the new coaches have inherited a solid team, or were capable of coaching the team hey had. I think Wies got the axe a little early, but Kelly seems to be a hell of a coach.

7. CrashClint

CrashClint I Play Bass therefore I Am

Nov 15, 2005
    Wake Forest, NC
    DR Strings Dealer (local only)
    The problem with Wies, he came in talking the talk but never really delivered.

8. With a few pints of Guinness down your throat, a lot of people start looking good.

9. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    And makes the game more fun too! :hyper:

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 26, 2021