1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

iRiver H10 6gig/ Zen micro photo 8gig

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by anonymous278347457, Apr 26, 2006.

1. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    Its my birthday next monday, and ever since my Mini disc player died i have been deprived of portable music

Ive decided between 2 players either the 6gig iRiver H10 or the 8gig Zen micro photo

I know at first the choice seems pretty simple, zen, because it has 2gig extra, but ive heard good and bad things about both players.

has anyone ever made a choice between these two before? or have any comments on either player

2. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    careful with the zen micro, it's good but mine suddenly lost the whole image, meaning the whole menus are gone, the player works but you don't see what you're doing:meh:

3. Ive heard a few bad things about that model iRiver, i have the recently discontinued H340 model (40 Gb) and its an excellent player IMO, much better than iPods and Creative Zen's, a friend of mine also has an older H120 that is also a great device

I would say go with the iRiver, much higher quality from them, customer service with them is apparently bad, but fortunatly ive never had to deal with that, I dont like creatives much personally, a friend of mine had no luck with his, his Zen died after about 3 months, he got a replacement eventually, then that just plain wouldnt work, that put him right off them, so he got an iPod video, the sceen died similarly to what happened to oversoul, in that it still worked, you just couldnt see anything, when he got that one replaced (the one he has right now), the battery life is never more than 2 hours, so he's getting that one replaced, we all find it funny, except him, we think he carries some sort of wierd static :p

One thing i will say about the iRiver tho, if you get it, get the japanese drivers for it, because since the EU audio level restrictions were put in these things (15mV at something other other impedance), my H340 has been pretty quiet, i run it full volume most of the time and it isnt very loud, a friend of mine with the 20Gb version (H320) uses the MIJ ones with alot of sucess (the guy i know who has the H120 also hardly turns his up because its loud as hell)

Anyway, back to the point, IMO iRiver

4. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    I have Creative Zen Photo Sleek 20 gig. Its a damn good player.I prefer over every iPod i've ever tried

5. definatly alot better than an ipod!

6. lamborghini98

lamborghini98 The Aristocrats

May 1, 2005
    NYC; Portland, OR
    My sister has a Zen micro...
    Shes had a loooot of trouble with customer service. She waited a month for something they said would take 10 days (basically, it came defective and she sent it back to get it fixed)

7. fatbassjazzer

fatbassjazzer

Feb 27, 2004
    ATL
    I have an 20 gig iRiver H10 and I think its pretty good. I don't have any experience with the Zen one though. I iRiver is good though. I prefer it to ipods.

8. tkozal

tkozal

Feb 16, 2006
    New York City
    I also have a 20 gig H10, since it came out, what 10 months or so ago? It has performed very well.