1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Iron Ether Nimbus Reverb

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by 40Hz, Sep 13, 2017.

1. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Price:
    $170
    IE02. Iron Ether Nimbus V2 pedal.

Offered for your consideration, what is possibly the single best reverb out there for bass and baritone range instruments. I find myself in posession of two of these pedals. One was taken out of the box, plugged in and put through its paces to be sure it was working correctly when I received it, and then put straight back into the box once I verified it was. It's never been velcroed, stepped on, or used other than to check it when I got it, and again just a short while ago to verifiy it's still working correctly before being sold. This is, for all intents and purposes, a brand new Nimbus pedal.

A couple of things about the Nimbus that are interesting and make it different than other reverb units out there:

- It doesn't have settings for things like room, hall, stadium, etc. like many 'verb pedals do. It has a Room Size control that allows you to dial in everything from small and tight, to stoner ambient with all points in between. And it can be set to deliver near infinite decay if you're really into the spacey shoegazer Ambi-rock scene.

- It has it's own two band EQ (treble/bass) that only affects the wet reverb signal path. This allows you to precisely sculpt the tone of the wet signal while leaving your clean signal completely unaltered.

- It doesn't have a blend control. It has two independent volume controls (clean/reverb) for the wet and the dry signals. So you can set any ratio of clean to reverb signal rather than rely on the fixed ratio between the two most blend controls give you. One side benefit is that by increasing or decreasing the clean level, you can make the original signal source sound neared or farher away within the overall reverb effect. This creates an almost 3-D effect for the listener by allowing you to place the source sound at a chosen distance in relation to the the listener. It's an unusual capability I haven't heard any other reverb pedal do.

- It uses a relay type true bypass circuit, which makes for extremely quiet switching. It also automatically switches to bypass if the pedal loses power.

Finally, if you're into looks, each IE product is individually etched and colored, so no two are the same. And frankly, I think some examples are a lot nicer looking than others. What you get if you order one is pretty much the luck of the draw. This particular pedal is one of the nicest looking IEs I've seen. Neither too much or too little color or etching. This pedal hits a very nice balance.

You can download the product manual here if you want to read a little more how each control works.

Price: $170 USD firm - Paypal preferred. Price includes shipping for CONUS and includes original box and Owner's Manual as pictured.

TRADE UPDATE (9/16): only trade I might be interested in is Earthquaker's The Depths vibe pedal in equally immaculate condition.

IE01.

Like always, I'll give TB people a first crack at this and leave this ad up till Saturday 9/30/2017 - unless it sells locally sooner. After 9/30 it goes over to Reverb.

Thanks for reading.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2017
    Master Chief likes this.
  2. dece

dece That would be me Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Nice....

3. Tannhauser

Tannhauser

Jul 16, 2010