Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Iron Maiden Bassist Performs With Egg On His Shoulder: Photo Available

Discussion in 'News & PR' started by TalkBass, Aug 22, 2005.

1. TalkBass

TalkBass News Poster

Mar 12, 2004
    <p>A photo of Iron Maiden bassist <strong>Steve Harris</strong> performing at this past weekend's Ozzfest in Devore, California with egg shell on his shoulder and falling off his elbow has been posted online at <a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/metalsteph/082005_harris_egg.jpg">this location</a> (photo credit: Neil Lim Sang). Also available is a <a href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v164/metalsteph/082005_janick_egg.jpg">photo</a> of Maiden guitarist Janick Gers performing with his left foot placed on a stage monitor that is covered in egg slime. <a href="http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40740">Read more.</a></p>

2. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    Some a$$es need to be kicked for this one, preferably Sharon Osbourne's too.

3. I'm not exactly sure what in the hells was going on at that show, but I've always liked iron maiden, that just seems messed up.

4. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    What the heck was that? :eyebrow:
    Reading more of the article makes me detest Sharon Osbourne even more :scowl:

5. Dave Tompkins

Dave Tompkins

Aug 2, 2005
    (OT)

There was a really irritating pop-up for a registry scanner that just wouldn't go away when i followed this link. One of those that you don't trust pressing anything on, including the close button. Got rid of it and then when I tried to leave the page there it was again. Anyone else?

(Back on topic)

I don't know the story behind this (got a bit sick of the 'hope she gets cancer again and dies comments so didn't read it all) but hats off to the band for staying on, though I wouldn't blame them at all for walking off. I saw Ian Dury at Glastonbury in '84 and loads of idiots were throwing mud at the band. They left the stage and it took 20/25 minutes of continuous cheering from the crowd to bring them back on. I'm glad they came back as it was a great show (shame about stuff getting robbed from my tent when I was watching it :crying: ).

6. Daywalker

Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    SOCAL
    I was at that show, their PA got yanked like 4 times during their show, people were throwing eggs(which I don't get cause they wouldn't let us bring ANYTHING inside), and spitting at Bruce Dickenson. There was even a guy that ran onto the stage with a HUGE American flag during The Trooper, when Bruce was waving the British flag. Then Sharon came out and started calling Bruce a prick and all, it was pretty sad. Maiden still put on a hell of a show, despite all else. I became a Maiden fan in that 55 minutes....