Iron Maiden Rock!!!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Johnny BoomBoom, Dec 9, 2003.

1. Well, went to see Iron Maiden last night at Glasgow's SECC! Whow they still have it!

2 hours of almost non stop action!

I must admit that the stuff from the new album has not really interested me a whole lot - they seem to be doing very long epics, and I find I lose focus on them. Musicianship wise, they are still amazing!

They did have a small technical issue, when the PA I presume packed in! It was during the song Paschendale (sp?). Interestingly, the song is set during the WWI battle of Paschendale........and the PA packed in, sounding like a single gun shot which silenced Bruce Dickinson - got a bit of a laugh from the guys in the band though......and then Nicko started clowning around which got the audience going!

Real good stuff from one of my favourite bands! Also, Bruce denounced the rumours of them stopping touring - he simply said it wasn't true, although as they were all getting on a bit, they just might not do it so often:D

Sadly the support band didn't go down too well - Funerl For a Friend - I didn't watch them. The biggest cheer they got was after they had went off, and the road crew started taking down their banner - as that went down, the biggest cheer for them went up, although I wasn't too impressed by them, I don't think they deserved that.....

Oh, and Eddie is still undead and well - a new huge Eddie the Reaper for the new album, and the usual personal appearance to chase the guitarists on stage!

And Sooty made an apperance too!:D
  2. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

i wonder if they will ever play atlanta again.

3. ...well, maybe if you screw your eyes up really tight, and pray to the big Pixie in the sky.....

Sadly, their current tour dates only list New York and LA over on your side of the pond JT....:(
  4. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    You and me both, and me both....
  5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I'm jealous!

Seeing maiden live always gives me tingles. Steve is the man!!

Glad you had a good time. :D
  6. Ahh yes, my fav bunch of guys. Always seeing them live is more than a treat :)
  7. hey i was there!! right in front!

i caught dave murrays and adrian smiths wrist bands!! heheehe

it was a such a great gig!
  8. Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Are they only coming to NY and LA this tour? I don't get it? They usually go all over the US. Maybe they figured there was no point since they just got off the 'give me ed' tour. I'd still like to see 'em again in the D.C./Baltimore area. Ahh Hell, I'd drive long distance to see them again--maybe even to NY if I can get one of my friends to make the trip with me :bassist:

9. Nice one! I had to buy mine.......

You based in Glasgow??:)

Edit - Ah, checked out your website....Paisley then?
  10. I'm listening to "Number of the Beast" right now.

Maiden is one of those bands from my childhood, that no matter how old I get, I'll always listen to them. I've seen them a bunch of times, and never have been disappointed. Bruce Dickenson does comes off as a pompous ass on occassion, though.