Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Iron Maiden - The Early Days DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Feb 5, 2005.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I was thinking of buying this the other day, but I bought Metallica's 'Some Kind of Monster' instead. I've made some money since then, so I'm thinking of buying it, so I ask you... is it any good? As far as music DVDs go, could anybody give a rating out of ten or something? Many thanks. :)

Graeme :bassist:

2. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Just bought it yesterday, the same day I picked my Steve Harris P-bass up from the shop! It's a great introduction to the band's early years. Disc One feature 3 concerts, 1 w/ Paul Di'Anno and 2 with Bruce Dickinson. The picture and sound quality of the 1rst and 3rd concerts are excellent. Disc Two feature a 90 minute documentary of the band's early years (through 1983) as well as some extra footage. The whole package really does a great job at presenting Maiden's rise to the top. I highly recommend the DVD.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks for the review. I just wish it went up to '85. Oh, and congrats on the P-Bass, I've always wanted the Steve Harris one.

Graeme :bassist:

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Well its just vol. 1 so there will still be a powerslave, SIT, FOTD. story coming in Vol. 2.

I loved the early days though. Paul is one hell of a preformer.