1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Iron Maiden - The Early Days DVD

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by BassGod, Feb 5, 2005.

1. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I was thinking of buying this the other day, but I bought Metallica's 'Some Kind of Monster' instead. I've made some money since then, so I'm thinking of buying it, so I ask you... is it any good? As far as music DVDs go, could anybody give a rating out of ten or something? Many thanks. :)

Graeme :bassist:

2. PolkaHero

PolkaHero

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
    Just bought it yesterday, the same day I picked my Steve Harris P-bass up from the shop! It's a great introduction to the band's early years. Disc One feature 3 concerts, 1 w/ Paul Di'Anno and 2 with Bruce Dickinson. The picture and sound quality of the 1rst and 3rd concerts are excellent. Disc Two feature a 90 minute documentary of the band's early years (through 1983) as well as some extra footage. The whole package really does a great job at presenting Maiden's rise to the top. I highly recommend the DVD.

3. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Thanks for the review. I just wish it went up to '85. Oh, and congrats on the P-Bass, I've always wanted the Steve Harris one.

Graeme :bassist:

4. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Well its just vol. 1 so there will still be a powerslave, SIT, FOTD. story coming in Vol. 2.

I loved the early days though. Paul is one hell of a preformer.